Photo © 2009. Nannette Bertschy & Ann Moradian.

looking at the world and challenging our assumptions, definitions and creation of it through the lense of the body, movement, the arts and science.

Monday, February 3, 2014

The Chant of Medusa

The Chant of Medusa © Ann Moradian. All rights reserved.

I do not ask to know
knowing that knowing is past;
knowing that knowing now
means living now, no more.

I do not ask to know
knowing that knowing cannot be held;
knowing that knowing cannot be held,
alone.

I do not ask to know
knowing that knowing is moving, through time;
knowing that knowing
knows only a moment.

I do not ask to know
knowing that knowing is memory
of a moment before.
Trapped in a moment, motionless
for a lifetime, knowing
a memory.
Living now no more.

Living now, no more.
Moving forward with the moment that is now
now now
now --
Knowledge carries me in its arms.
Dare I see?

I do not ask to know
knowing that knowing cannot be held;
knowing that knowing
can only be known being held.
I ask to be-held and be-hold.
Sharing this moment in time and space;
beholden to each other by membering the moment that is now
now now
now --

--Ann Moradian, July 25, 2009

No comments: